1 day ago
Sick of doing the same boring ab routine every week?
Here’s a little core circuit I did today
1️⃣ Plank walk outs to hold for 3-5 breaths - 3-5 breaths, keeping ribcage down, deep belly breathing, dont rush it, looks simple enough but these suck (5 reps/walkouts per set)
- isometric ab strength WITH breathing is no joke 💪
2️⃣ hanging bent knee raises, (should have pulled my shorts up a weeee bit higher😜)
- posteriorly tilt the pelvis at the top to get those lower abs firing
- controlled reps! Super easy to end up swinging and use momentum, coming to a dead stop
- 10 reps
3️⃣ tall kneeling paloff circles
-Tall posture (shoulders back and down)
-minimal hip and shoulder movement rotation
- nice even circles, distance should be equal all the way around, no weird amoeba looking circles
-15 circles each side
4️⃣ Tall kneeling ab crunches
- probably one of the only neck friendly “crunch” exercises I’m a fan of
- one of the oldest OG bodybuilding ab exercises -Please do not make the mistake of driving your elbows to your hips...
- 3 second exhale to get maximum abdominal contraction
- you can blame my height for my hips being slightly extended 😆 - 15-18 reps per set
Never let your core training grow stale, try new challenges!
4 sets total, minimal rest between exercises, ~90 seconds rest between sets
#fitness #fitnessmotivation #fitnessaddict #gym #gymtime #physicalculture #guyswholift #absworkout #abs #sixpack #coreworkout #coretraining #functionaltraining #strengthtraining #bodyweighttraining #planks #trainsmarter #getjacked #workouttips #personaltrainer #talllife at Corvallis, Oregon