2 hours ago
#1 of 10 〰️ our fave Aussie roadtrip locations (to date) ... in no particular order ...
📍BROOME, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Surprisingly we had mostly negative comments from fellow travellers so we didnt know what to expect of Broome. Aaaand, WE LOVED EVERY PART. Luckily, everything these people disliked we loved:
○ Yes, loads of travellers but minimal touristy tourists.
○ Yes, expensive in parts but travellers and budgetters know how to avoid these places.
○ Yes, hot and muggy (aussie slang for humid as hell) but we live for heat and beaches
○ Yes, everything and everyone slows down to 'broome time' but isnt that what most people look for in a holiday
○ at high tide make sure to get to main beach mangroves for this pictured sight ~ where the aqua sea meets the red dirt stained sand. Incredible is an understatement. We went back every day at high tide so we could keep enjoying this wonder
○ at low tide and/or sunset hit Cable Beach for the atmosphere, fishing, boating, camels, sunset, drinks .. all of it
○ you are so close to Cape Leveque ... just bite the bullet and hire a 4wd with tent and hit the cape. It's a rough ride but worth it every rattle.
○ from Broome you can take a day or overnight tour to the horizontal falls. This was out of our budget but priceless for those who have a spare $700+ pp.
○ dont miss willie creek pearl farm: gorgeous drive, beautiful location, and ideal creek croc spotting. While you're there you may as well explore and camp at some of the cliffside free camps WOAH.
There are endless beautiful captures on insta of Broome and surrounds. We will share some these on our story today ... maybe they'll help you book that flight or buy/hire that van 👍 DO IT 😉 at Broome, Western Australia